Sime Super 60 / Potterton Profile 60e in disguise | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sime Super 60 / Potterton Profile 60e in disguise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spreck

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

I've had a call today to one of these and had been pre warned of an intermittent ignition fault didn't happen while I was there!!

FGA came back good on PPM & Ratio, flue looked good no signs of degradation so ruled out visiation
Gave the exchanger a good clean & the burner ports clear flame picture fine.

Cuts in and out fine with the temperature dial, ignition probe clean...
Pump running , water present...

it it would seem that after running fine once desired temperature reached it takes about 3/4 attempts to re-ignite?
but not every time? & not when I'm there!?!?..

any help or time served would be good as I'm expecting a call back if it crops up again.

is it lighting fine just taking a few attempts? not locking out?

Nope not locking out just a bit slow on the uptake from what the owners have told me, oh forgot to say tested the integrity of the case seal with smoke stick all good.

Last edited:
well if there's no issues with the probe,leads,or pcb and its otherwise working fine leave well alone ,electronic baxi bermudas can be temperamental in there lighting sequence does not always mean there's a fault ,clicking 4 times randomly before igniting is one i would leave well alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Put an ad here..I'm looking for a Plumber or...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back