Single Pipe Heating system problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Single Pipe Heating system problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Sfc

Evening guys, Replaced 2 rads recently on a single pipe system (Heat only Boiler). Both Rads identical Reina Horizontal with trv & lockshield upstairs in the house in opposite rooms.

One of the rads is absolutely fine, The other isn't heating up as i have no flow on the trv side!? Called back for rad not heating up, Bled and Balanced system, Took the radiator off and noticed no flow from trv.

Any help much appreciated before i look into changing valves etc

Yep I know standard trv's normally work but strictly speaking should use the ones intended for one pipe Danfoss certainly make one unfortunate bit pricy though.
[automerge]1603052218[/automerge]
Danfoss ra-g thats the one

Yep I know standard trv's normally work but strictly speaking should use the ones intended for one pipe Danfoss certainly make one unfortunate bit pricy though.
[automerge]1603052218[/automerge]
Danfoss ra-g thats the one

that’s great thank you. Instead of forking out for one costly valve, Surely using a lock shield instead of trv will Suffice?

Last edited:
Evening guys, Finally got to the bottom of this issue, Has anybody come across this before, Couldn’t believe it today when I went back to investigate and solve the problem. A 15mm end feed tee which had been manufactured like this! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 663AC100-EAFF-46A3-9FBC-8D26AA63C0A8.jpeg
    663AC100-EAFF-46A3-9FBC-8D26AA63C0A8.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 0C35E809-309A-43CB-9CF0-32E28F7FCE11.jpeg
    0C35E809-309A-43CB-9CF0-32E28F7FCE11.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 51
Evening guys, Finally got to the bottom of this issue, Has anybody come across this before, Couldn’t believe it today when I went back to investigate and solve the problem. A 15mm end feed tee which had been manufactured like this! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I've never seen that before. Probably a Friday batch and no one could be bothered to check.

That's one of the reasons you can't learn Plumbing from a book lol.
I bet you never forget that one!
I’m going to be paranoid and checking fittings for the foreseeable. Luckily didn’t cause too much upheaval or take too much investigation but still a drain down and work up etc! One of those things unfortunately!

Similar plumbing topics

Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all above. I've done a few Evohomes...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
What he said. Looks like 15mm copper conns...
Replies
Views
Back