Sink in bedroom not draining | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sink in bedroom not draining in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a sink in the bedroom the waste pipe is connected directly to the bath waste on the other side of the wall. Sink does not drain. I have removed the trap and the pipe down to below the floorboard. There is no clogs and if I pour water directly down at any stage of the connections it drains away fine. As soon as I add the trap piece and turn on the water it doesn’t drain again unless I disconnect the pipe from the trap ??
Any ideas please

It'll be partially blocked close to where it joins the bath waste.
The blockage will be a mixture of hair, skin and soap.

You might move the blockage by filling the sink and using a plunger and the weight of the sink full of water behind it.
Alternately you may clear it with a spring waste pipe clearing tool.

CAUTION ,if you plunge there's a slight risk of blowing the waste pipe joint apart and causing a minor flood.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
When it comes to solvent weld plastic pipes...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Mcalpine sk1 or sk2 is what you need
Replies
Views
  • Question
Needs an air admittance valve.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Welcome! Could anyone offer their advice?
Replies
Views
Back