Sink waste to toilet stack. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sink waste to toilet stack. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lesj

I am attempting my first diy plumbing job in an outside summer house where the mains water and electricity have already been put in. Grateful for any advice.
I have a blue plastic water inlet pipe 2cm diameter and a waste stack on the floor of 11cm.
I want to feed a sink basin and the toilet from this.

The sink and toilet will be only 50cm to 70cm away from each other.
1. Do I cut pipe and insert a stopcock with a two way splint from it? One to the sink and one to the cistern of the toilet.

2. I need to attach the waste from the sink to the toilet stack to run away. Where do I attach it and how do I do it?
Is it into the stack itself or into the drain pipe under the floor that runs away?

3. Do I use plastic fittings to do all of the above?

Thanks for any responses.
Les

1. Buy a mdpe to 15mm stopcock, readily available then insert a 'tee' fitting to supply the cistern and sink tap. Do you need hot water? If so look into single point heaters. You will need an electricity supply.

If the waste pipe is already low and you can't get both the toilet waste and sink waste into it easily you can buy toilet wastes with a 'boss' on the side or top. This will allow you to run the sink waste into the toilet waste pipe.

There is nothing wrong with using plastic fittings, however if it were on show I personally wouldn't but it's up to you. The wastes and fittings will be plastic however !

Any chance of a few pics ?

20170726_172806.jpg
20170726_172806.jpg
20170726_172813.jpg

Is that consumer unit staying there ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
It doesn't matter what plumbing you have...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Back