sink waste | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss sink waste in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

can i buy a rod for moving the plug up and down on a pop up stopper on its own or do i need to buy the whole thing ? , i mean the rod with the ball swivel fitting thing that conects from the stopper to the rod for moving the plug up and down , if so were can i get one ta .

Much to my surprise I see you can buy them! Try Googling "Replacement Basin Pop Up Waste Arm Rod"
Eg: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-...t-Basin/dp/B07R1KWBCL/ref=asc_df_B07R1KWBCL/?
I had assumed that the size of the 'ball' would be different between brands, but maybe that's not the case?

OP: if you know the manufacturer of the waste you may find they sell the rod, or set of rods, as a spare part. I see some do.
Otherwise may be easier to replace the whole waste assembly.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just because someone sells a ‘thing’ , doesn’t mean it’ll solve the problem!
They do differ between manufacturers; some are metal/plastic/nylon, some come with a nylon female cup etc etc.
It may work, and hopefully it does - but no guarantees.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If it’s only a year old you might consider...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Job done and so far no leeks. The drop on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your input. Someone told me that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s great thanks and makes a lot of sense...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I'm looking for the same thing it...
Replies
Views
Back