Sirrus mixer shower new cartridge required or boiler service? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sirrus mixer shower new cartridge required or boiler service? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor Williams

Hello guys, I have a Sirrus shower which is a single lever thermostatic shower.

The water will not mix at all, it is either red hot or completely cold whichever way you turn the lever you get only one or the other.
Before I renew the cartridge & thermostat inside should I have the boiler checked, I have a Worcester greenstar combi which has no temperature dial to lower the hot water temperature.

According to the handbook the water temperature should be fixed at 55 c but the water seems very hot.

Should a thermostatic cartridge compensate this and allow more cold water through? At the moment the water is not mixing at all!

Many thanks for any tips,
all the best,
Connor

yes a thermostatic cartridge should compensate for fluctuations in water temperature

The cartride is scaled up. The boiler you're right has no hot water control as it runs on a "hot or not" basis. Cartridges are generally around the £60 mark as long as the shower isnt too old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This might be of interest...
Replies
Views
hello Chris. Thank you for your reply . I have...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Back