site or domestic work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss site or domestic work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

bob the plumber

Had an argument with a friend on friday who said to me id get the shock of my life if i walked onto one of his commercial sites??? i said to him 'whys that, cause id have to read plans all day on where to put pipe runs and so on, and not have to think' it didnt go down well :). I personally believe.. although i have never worked on a large site that carrying out general domestic installs and so on is alot tougher, more pressure with customers knocking about, more to potentially go wrong, plus the main one is having to plan in your head exactly how your going to pipe up a larger house with existing pipe work all over the place.

opinions please ladies and gents, was i correct in what i fired back or would i really get that shock my friend claims i would

Big stuff is generally easier. No stress or much pressure and as you say not much brain work. Turn up do your job pick up your wages imo.

No custards. Bliss

commercial work is easy, no stress, laid back, domestic installs is the opposite, but more money in domestic. I like the sites in the summer...but in the winter I hate them

no water or dirt in pipes on building sites, all new.

only stress you got on site is time restrictions, although if you don't finnish on time, aint the end of the world just means house won't be ready on time.

also I would of taken what he said as a compliment, he is saying that you are very clever and would be too much of a shock for you, not having to use your brain.

I think a choice of words was probably wrong on his part, but seems like you are argueing even though you agree with each other.

He says the building sites will be too easy for you

And your saying the building sites are easier then domestic.

so you both agree building sites are easy.

His words (shock of your life) were his way of starting the conversation and you were probably thinking about something else and didn't quite understand what he meant, me thinks.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Josh, Hope you don't mind me asking but...
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Many thanks bacon_sandwich.
Replies
Views
Id be looking at 2-port valves and checking...
Replies
Views
Back