Site work.... any plus's | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Site work.... any plus's in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

spanners1967

hi forum, i got laid off last week after 2 years with a gas engineer... on a positive note i have got all my gas hours signed off for my level 3, and i gained heaps of experience... however, the only work i can find at the moment is second fix work on site (I start next week) ... this will be new to me and just wondering if any of you can offer any advice about whether site work will be a good learning curve or not... at the end of the day it's a wage but I'm going to miss all those cups of tea and half dressed ladies we have met on the domestic circuit lol

Hi spanners

Sorry to hear you were laid off,such a common story at the moment unfortunately but good to hear to got a start already

I have not done site work for years but it will be good experience for you if you have not done it before,I always worried about the first fix but most of the time it always ok but when you got a bad one,it was bad
This time of year on wards it is not that bad,money is the problem as can be a bit tight now,especially now the leaching agencies have got involved in such a big way and in the winter months,the cold ,muddy and dark start and finish can get to you,you will be dreaming of those nice cupa's in that nice cosy airing cupboard

Hope it all goes well,if you have been working on your own ,it could be a welcome change getting involved in the site banter ... Depending how many of them speak English that is,this way on,thats not many

imho

Hi spanners

Sorry to hear you were laid off,such a common story at the moment unfortunately but good to hear to got a start already

I have not done site work for years but it will be good experience for you if you have not done it before,I always worried about the first fix but most of the time it always ok but when you got a bad one,it was bad
This time of year on wards it is not that bad,money is the problem as can be a bit tight now,especially now the leaching agencies have got involved in such a big way and in the winter months,the cold ,muddy and dark start and finish can get to you,you will be dreaming of those nice cupa's in that nice cosy airing cupboard

Hope it all goes well,if you have been working on your own ,it could be a welcome change getting involved in the site banter ... Depending how many of them speak English that is,this way on,thats not many

imho

Thanks for the heads up gents... least the summer is coming so one good thing...alas its also with an agency but work is work right now...will be ok i'm sure ....:)

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Josh, Hope you don't mind me asking but...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
A condensate leak somewhere, is it pumped or...
Replies
Views
Only level 3 available. I understand where...
Replies
Views
Back