Sizing and unvented? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sizing and unvented? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I can’t find my unvented book, will have to get a new one.

Been asked to quote for some plumbing in a house that will become a HMO (they want to spend as little as possible)
3 en-suites and one communal bathroom

I’m thinking keep the combi to supply the kitchen sink and communal bathroom
Then fit a direct unvented for the 3 en-suite

They will need a new mains supply
I’m thinking 300litres cylinder
With flow restrictor on all hot outlets

You could pair a couple of 250’s if theres room , however a 300 litre takes some emptying, especially if as you say , you fit some restrictors.

250-300 with fast recovery

Can’t you get a set from the boiler ?

400l then

IMHO, the sensible option as Shaun indicates, is an indirect using the combi when its not being used for heating. When it's used for heating and HW temp drops to where input is required then enable the immersion. That's a doddle to do control wise.

At least that way they can't really run out. In addition, they have the option to turn off the immersion to reduce running costs because, quite probably, the immersion will be running outside economy 7 (or whatever its called theses days) timings.

Using this control regime I feel 300L would suffice - assuming the input is sufficient.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
  • Question
are you saying they could have come off the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I doubt it’s pressure and more of a flow...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
👍🏻 I knew the fire ones had to be, we've done...
Replies
Views
Back