Slight water leak, don't know what the part is called! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Slight water leak, don't know what the part is called! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

Johnsy2017

Hi There,

Any idea what this is? It's next to my water tank in the airing cupboard upstairs, and seems to be leaking a little!

plumb.png

It is an auto vent.
If you turn the wee brass nut down tight (clockwise), that should hopefully close it off completely. Then get it replaced eventually. Some systems are better with a manual vent IMO, because auto vents will leak.
Edit, - Stani beat me to the reply

Johnsy, is an easy job to change it , but dont just undo it like one of my customers once did .

That's why I always fit a valve before (domestic or commercial)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Those float valves are easily serviceable and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could try putting it in boiling hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’m led to believe Grohe made more than one...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back