Slightly warmish rad | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter harbi99
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K

Discuss Slightly warmish rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harbi99

My bolier is fairly new; in the loft and is serviced regularly. I have 8 rads and hot water from that. 4 up. 4 down.
The problem is the rad in the downstairs dining room; it never gets really hot; lukewarm at most.
We replaced it last week and it was hot for a while but has now reverted to warmish; even though all of the other rads are working well; nice and hot to touch and plenty of hot water.
We have bled and bled the rad and have tried to balance the system by turning the valves down to see if that will force the hot water through to this rad but it still is not heating up sufficently. On the rare occasion it does pump thru some heat, it often just seems to fade way after a while. It's only this rad that is affected, I would say that it is the furthest away from the pump.
Is it a matter of balancing all of the rads over the house or is it more seroius?
As I say, all other rads are toasty and the water is hot so why does this one rad just not get hot enough?
Any advice would be great. Thanks.

sounds like the system as a whole need balancing properly not just turning valves down a bit. you will find searching on the forum some good instructions on how to do it.

sounds like the system as a whole need balancing properly not just turning valves down a bit. you will find searching on the forum some good instructions on how to do it.
Many thanks for the advice. Will try that. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rather than open up all the lockshields and...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
Back