Slow cistern filling | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Slow cistern filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Olliesdad

I've got a cistern with a Siamp Dec99bgb filling system. It started hissing and filling very slow so I fitted a replacement. However the new one is doing the same thing. I've checked the rubber seal etc,and everything seems ok. Any help please.

whenever I come across one of these I always change it for a fluidmaster or a skylo

whenever I come across one of these I always change it for a fluidmaster or a skylo

20160622_101331.jpg

Keep finding Fluidmasters fitted like this with zero space for the float to rise so would be interested in feedback from others on the Skylo.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 26567

Keep finding Fluidmasters fitted like this with zero space for the float to rise so would be interested in feedback from others on the Skylo.

Thanks in advance.

just turn it a bit its egg shaped

just turn it a bit its egg shaped

Didn`t fit it Shaun and it`s working so ain`t touching it. Fluidmasters don`t always fit so was asking about feedback on the Skylo steveb mentioned.

Didn`t fit it Shaun and it`s working so ain`t touching it. Fluidmasters don`t always fit so was asking about feedback on the Skylo steveb mentioned.

fair enough tbh ive never had a problem with getting them to fit and slide smooth even in the smallest of cisterns, just takes a bit of planning :D

fair enough tbh ive never had a problem with getting them to fit and slide smooth even in the smallest of cisterns, just takes a bit of planning :D

I just like having options in the van as far as possible. Take it you`ve never fitted the Skylo then.

I just like having options in the van as far as possible. Take it you`ve never fitted the Skylo then.

once and changed for a fluid master felt too cheap but that was last year might of changed by now

At least the Fluidmaster in made in the USA so guess there wont be a import tariff added anyday soon. :79:

I've got a cistern with a Siamp Dec99bgb filling system. It started hissing and filling very slow so I fitted a replacement. However the new one is doing the same thing. I've checked the rubber seal etc,and everything seems ok. Any help please.

Is it fed from a tank or the mains, also there is a restrictor in the base I think?

please stay logged in by ticking the box remember me at the top.

as for the skylo it is good because you can use it for both bottom entry and side entry also it comes with both 3/8 and 1/2 sizes in brass in the same kit so fits all situations.

Thanks for all the advice. I've ordered a Skylo so fingers crossed. Olliesdad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you. Worked a treat,
Replies
Views
Good, keep a note of his number!
Replies
Views
I’ve checked the tank as much as I can and I...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thanks very much I will try that.
Replies
Views
Back