Slow dripping L connection under sink | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Slow dripping L connection under sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a leak under the sink and have found the source, that being a L shape pipe connection which is behind some plaster board.
To the right of the sink there is a dishwasher and to the left there is a washing machine.
The damp plasterboard is due to my genius idea of putting a rag around the leak last night which transferred the water to the paster board. I am currently doing my best to capture the water that drips with a tray and rags underneath.
A few questions I have are, what is the pipe? I assume it connects to the dishwasher however it still slowly drips even though the dishwasher has not been on for a couple of days.
How can I stop the dripping for now? From the photo you can see I have a water tap and on the left of the photo there is a blue lever too.
How much would it cost to fix the leak? Assuming it is just the L connector.

Thank you.

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

I would say it's from your boiler if it's close

Could be from that tbh best option is to get a plumber out to replace the elbow and damaged part of the pipe

At a guess under £200 but that's just a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Only way to find out as above mcalpine make...
Replies
Views
Make sure this is on the cold water pipe, turn...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Thanks again JC very much appreachiated : )
Replies
Views
Back