Slow-running hot water from kitchen tap only (combination boiler) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Slow-running hot water from kitchen tap only (combination boiler) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Morphysm

Hi all,

The tap in my kitchen is a 'mixer tap' and the hot water runs very slowly.

A few details:
- the tap itself still seems to get very hot despite the slow flow
- none of the other taps (hot or cold) in the flat run slowly
- water is heated by a combination boiler

Does anyone know what the problem is likely to be? I have no background in plumbing and have been unable to find a clear answer through Google searches.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Morph

Could be any of a large number of things. Things to try:

a. Clean / de-scale the nozzle of the tap. The hot water usually comes through the centre.
b. Change the washer / cartridge. Isolate the hot water first.
c. Is there an isolation valve under the sink which is not fully open?
d. Is the tap connected to the pipework with flexible connectors? If so, are either / both kinked?

If the tap worked originally, then something has gone wrong / deteriorated. If its never worked properly there could be a pipe work issue.

Beyond the above I think you'd be better off getting someone in to look at it.

Thanks for such a helpful and quick response, steadyon - I will give those suggestions a go.

(Answers to c. and d. are both 'no' btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Mike, this is where our washing machine is...
Replies
Views
So it isn't a boiler problem? One thing, it...
Replies
Views
Back