Smart Thermostat For Alpha Evoke 28 Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Smart Thermostat For Alpha Evoke 28 Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone,

I hope you may be able to offer some advice and/or opinions.

I'd really like to install a smart thermostat for our boiler. Due to health conditions, I myself am particularly sensitive to temperature changes and have poor mobility, and therefore find the current traditional dial thermostat that came with the boiler a pain to fiddle around with all the time. I feel a smart thermostat that we could program from our phones and remotely would work much better for us.

That being said, I've done some reading and see that there is some negativity from plumbers about installing Hive as it's essentially a downgrade and a glorified on/off switch? I saw some other brands mentioned that may be better, such as Honeywell Home T6R.

So I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be regarding my particular boiler and smart thermostats.

Many thanks.

A downgrade, what thermostat is in currently? Yes, Hive would be just on/off, similar to a lot of others. After reading your manual it seems if you wanted better control (opentherm) it would need to be compatible with your boiler, but appears you can get an Alpha RF (Radio Frequency) thermostat which may suit?

Attachments

• 67763A2A-6DA5-4A81-9288-8CE49103C837.png
    67763A2A-6DA5-4A81-9288-8CE49103C837.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
I was unable to create a second account for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Like I said, really can't comment on the Blue...
Replies
Views
Back