Smart thermostat with zoned multifuel heating system | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Smart thermostat with zoned multifuel heating system in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

U

Unregistered

Hi all,
I have just stumbled across your forum while trying to find a solution to my heating system control problem. I hope someone can offer a small bit of advice - it would be very much appreciated.

We are trying to install a new central heating system. It will be a fed by a combination of a Grant oil boiler, Stove with a back boiler and solar panels. All of these inputs are linked into a Systemlink manifold with a heat genie for the stove. There are four output zones, three space and one for water heat. All good so far. However, we have reached the point where the plumber and electrician are trying to install the Nest learning thermostats and they have now decided that the Nest system will not work with our setup.

I would really appreciate if anyone has had any experience in getting a Nest thermostat or other similar smart thermostat to work in a set up such as this. I believe this should be possible but Nest are not being very helpful.

Any advice much appreciated,
Thanks,
Aimee

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes it's puzzling why only one company...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are 7 manifolds total. I”m no expert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is the return pipe from the loop warm?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Zone 1 does the whole house including...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Might be worth testing with two zones off try...
Replies
Views
Back