socket set and burner/blow lamp | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss socket set and burner/blow lamp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey guys looking at going self employed shortly and trying to find what peoples recommendations are for socket sets (both most uses and value), blow lamps (only tried sieviet), power flush systems and flue gas analysers?

thanks in advance

alan

I can only suggest what I have, which is a superfire 2 blow lamp, never had a prob with it and often get free service kits from the rothenberger rep.

Anton Sprint analyser is good, the newest version looks even better, although you need to consider the service costs before jumping in. I would prefer the Kane type knob control to scrolling through menus on my Anton on reflection.

The halfords professional socket sets are supposed to be very good.

socket sets now do you want middle road or top end?
bachos a good middle choice,tengs the daddy

gaslamps rothenberger SF2(SUPER FIRE 2)

i have a anton fga but they took the pee and did not honour its warranty a month out of date,however they are charging me a ton to calibrate it and change the o2 cell

Last edited by a moderator:
SF2
Don't have a socket set, never needed one for some reason.
No analyser, just a wet kit for the oil, no calibration just a fresh bottle of liquid every now and again.

thank you TB i keep leaning toward the superfire as have found the sieviet to be quite unreliable, i have used an anton analyser before but never tried the kane unit although initial outlet on kane seems better as you say i need to research other costs involved.

thanks gas man and simon more middle of road at minute on socket set as looking at so much other expenditure.

ive recently used an anton and prefere my kane but then i dont like the iphone, if you want an analyser thats very simple to use then get a testo.

Definitely agree with the superfire 2, had mine for 3 years now.
Our company have just switched us from the anton to the Kane, but tbh I prefer the anton!
just little things like the Kane's pump seem a lot louder(I might just have a dodgy 1 lol) and the screen isn't as bright, even with the back light on.
But I can see why people would prefer the Kane because of the dial on the front.

FGA is personal preferance, I have anton and had no problems to speak off, other than the strap on the bag has broken (tied back on and ok now)

Blowlmap, SF2

Socket set, I have a 1/4" halfords pro set in my day to day tool box with a 1/4" screwdriver adapter. I also keep a 1/2" set on the van, in my 'just incase' toolbox though rarely need it.

Powerflusher, I have a nortrom proflush I picked up off e-bay (worth keeping an eye open they come up cheaply on ocasion, I only paid £160 for mine, though it had no hoses or fittings so needed to make some up) wouldn't be disapointed with a fernox mk2 or newer, or a kamco cf90 though.

thanks everyone it looks as if i will be investing in sf2, think the fga does seem to be prefrence so may see if can get a go of a few. i have been watching gumtree and ebay for a power flush and seen kamco seems the best 2nd hand value so far. I have heard good things of the halfords sockets in the past but was unsure if was just really good as a diy set

i have an anton sprint, cost me £250 last year for cells and callibration!!

next time i will go for the tpa as its £59 for every year all inclusive of sensors!!

thats money back in my pocket.

Very rarely use a socket set, unless you plan to do a lot of breakdowns, don't bother with one, you'll find plenty of other things to spend your money on when you go self employed.

I hire a powerflush as and when I need it.

how much does renting cost you ricky? i was caught out recently having a look at a main combi for a family member and needed a socket set which i didnt have. Would feel crap asking a customer ide they had any tools i could borrow.

i can buy a 2nd hand unit for about 250 so even if only get 5 uses its paid for itself but obviously i would expect more. Thanks redsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn't have internal clock It doesn't...
Replies
Views
Put it on the “sun“ icon and put the temp knob...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The compact, easy-to-use testo 340 available...
Replies
Views
Back