Soil Pipe advice in flying freehold bathroom | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil Pipe advice in flying freehold bathroom in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevo_Tiler

Hi,
I'm doing a complete renovation of my bathroom which is a "flying freehold" which means I share the soil pipe with my neighbours. Currently whenever they flush down a trout a little bit of tainted water ens up in my toilet, so after a weekend away I return to a filthy stinking toilet.

Here is an image of the current set up :
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._414890456072_641516072_4693282_7266806_n.jpghttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._414890456072_641516072_4693282_7266806_n.jpg

I'd like to install a new hidden cistern Geberit toilet on the right hand wall facing out the same way as the black soil pipe.

Can anyone please advise me on whether this is achievable?
I'm considering chasing out the wall and adding two 45 degree bends to the neighbour's soil pipe and will obviously have to construct boxing for the Geberit toilet on the right hand side wall.

Issues I'd appreciate help on are 1 whether two 45 degree bends in a horizontal soil pipe is advisable & 2 what is the best way to connect the Geberit waste pipe to the existing black soil pipe?

Any ideas and advice very welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Stevo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Yes or as your first drawing but with an...
Replies
Views
You can actually get 90 degree bends too...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Ah, yes, that makes sense. Thank you KOP...
Replies
Views
Back