Soil Pipe and vent move to outside? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil Pipe and vent move to outside? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi everyone I am a confident diy chap but I've never had to get near to a soil stack before (lucky me) My problem is that I am refitting my small en-suite which had a boxed in soil pipe and AAV. To give me room to fit a sink unit I would like to move the whole lot out through the wall then back in to the stack (which is boxed in in the room below) Outside I would fit a conventional vent instead of the AAV. The soil pipe from the WC to the stack is only 450mm long. As the new arrangement will have a couple of extra 90 degree bends to get along the outside wall then back in again, will this degrade the efficiency of the soil pipe, perhaps increasing the chance of a blockage? Also will there be enough of a fall along the pipe? Soil Pipe 1.jpg Photo of existing set up attached so you can hopefully understand my garbled explanation. thanks in advance. Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
Back