Soil pipe between joists | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe between joists in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex_beaton

Does building regs allow me to run the soil pipe from a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] floor wc under the floor ie between two joists. If so, are there restrictons on length or drop?

thanks

Alex,

Don't take it only for me as there are some regulations experts on this forum and I am not one. I do not know that there are restrictions to putting a WC soil pipe between joists (in fact, there's one in my house that is installed just like that), but would advise to use one length if possible (no connections that might leak later) and if not possible to make super sure you get a tightness test in before you commission.

From my coursework, the limitations are as follows:
- no more than 6m from the toilet to the vertical stack
- slope is a minimum of 18mm/m.

You should find that information in the Document H building Regs, Diagram 3, page 9.

Don't forget the support brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes its fine to run in the space between joists, lagg around it with fibre glass for sound proofing and follow the normal rules for lengths and fall.

new soil pipe/stack will be subject to building control anyway,
or is it just a bit of an alteration??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
Back