Soil pipe broken at floor level ( picture attached) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe broken at floor level ( picture attached) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Essex Mark

Hi

I have come across a grey plastic Soil Pipe which is broken at Floor level, It needs to be rectified, I have a couple of theorys on how to do it, but what is the easiest way.

it goes into a collar as it enters the ground.

Is the easiest way to cut it from the ground piece in say 1m of new pipe and use a timesaver joint or is there a better way... see picture below

soil.JPG

Hi Mark.
Easiest way is like you say,cut a meter out,remove and lubricate the spigot. Then use a pushfit coupling,you can knock out the centre lugs and use it as a slip coupling. Make sure you mark where the coupling should be on the pipe,so when you slip it down the pipe,you get it dead centre.

Hi Mark.
Easiest way is like you say,cut a meter out,remove and lubricate the spigot. Then use a pushfit coupling,you can knock out the centre lugs and use it as a slip coupling. Make sure you mark where the coupling should be on the pipe,so when you slip it down the pipe,you get it dead centre.

Pretty much how I would do it myself...... straight forward advice from one Mark to another:)regards turnpin

Hi, It would be nice to see a picture of the finished article.

Cheers

I will have a go tomorrow, Just one more thing how well will the coupling fit, what I mean is the new fitting and coupler will be 110mm and the old pipe will be 4inch will that be ok fitting wise ??

This shouldn't be a problem as 110mm is 4.33 inch so I would assume it will slip on a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate, thats really helpful photo, and...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
Back