Soil pipe connections through wall underground | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe connections through wall underground in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Planning drainage for a new bathroom. Assuming that all the falls/gradients are correct is there anything wrong with this plan? Soil pipe from toilet goes through wall below the floor level so that I can connect a shower waste (wetroom so flush with floor). On the other side of the exterior wall is the soil pipe vent (with rodding access) and an inspection chamber where it joins the underground drain pipe at a 90 degree angle.

Been through all the regulations I can find and seems ok but maybe I am missing something?

Drainage-Plan.jpg

You could get the shower trap pulling when the toilet is flushed

You could get the shower trap pulling when the toilet is flushed
OK thanks. I've seen a fair few shower wastes connected to the toilet stack though. Doesn't the shower trap take care of this? Does this mean Building Control won't allow it? That it's bad practice or something else?

So shower waste should also go through the wall and connect to the soil pipe outside? What difference would this make to the pulling? It is because it would then be where the vent it?

Assuing by trap pulling you mean by siphoning. Sorry I am not great with the terms. So guessing using one of these on the stack would prevent that before the rest bend?

FloPlast Push-Fit 4-Boss Single Socket Waste Manifold Grey 110mm - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/floplast-push-fit-4-boss-single-socket-waste-manifold-grey-110mm/22367?tc=QB9&ds_kid=92700055281954505&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=CjwKCAjwgr6TBhAGEiwA3aVuIVC63irfqGFPNW4mWWD0VcKwH3zCq7l1JqojayUgQz2ciq4aqHBWcBoCnzYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

OK thanks. I've seen a fair few shower wastes connected to the toilet stack though. Doesn't the shower trap take care of this? Does this mean Building Control won't allow it? That it's bad practice or something else?

So shower waste should also go through the wall and connect to the soil pipe outside? What difference would this make to the pulling? It is because it would then be where the vent it?

Normally connected into the vent stack as well though

Either that or you need to carry a pipe through so you can fit a auto vent

And yes siphoning the trap out

Yes or as your first drawing but with an additional aav on the end of the run above ground

Similar plumbing topics

I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Turn your phone 45 degrees!!! The picture is...
Replies
Views
Hi How did you get on with your toilet...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Back