Soil pipe drop/sleeper wall. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe drop/sleeper wall. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, was after some advice on getting a better drop on a downstairs 6m 110mm soil pipe running under floorboards. Has been in since moving in and has never drained properly. Some of this I thought was due to a 5L water saving flush but as a family stuck to a number 1s only rule till I could have a look. Finally getting around to changing some things around and getting under kitchen floorboards. Result is no drop on soil pipe with a bowing in the middle on joint as soil pipe was completely unsupported in that area. I’ve checked this which is fine/dry and now supported. Wanted to ask if ok to take 2 bricks out from middle bit of a sleeper wall next to external wall under where kitchen units will be to get a better drop on the pipe? I’ve attached an image of the other end to better describe. Plan was to hammer and bolster 2 vertical bricks out, possibly split bricks in half, relay and repoint then lay the pipe down on top of this?
Is this ok?
Anyone come across/done similar?

Attachments

• 74B4012A-106C-4756-8A91-18BFC7757B8D.jpeg
    74B4012A-106C-4756-8A91-18BFC7757B8D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
yes fine to remove two bricks / enough to get the 110mm pipe through

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
Back