Soil pipe in concrete | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe in concrete in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Have_a_go_Pete

Hi
I want to plumb a new bathroom to an existing soil pipe (plastic I think) that runs under/through a concrete floor. The soil pipe currently serves an existing cloakroom and utility room. Everything is on the ground floor. My new branch will lie approx half way between the current toilet on one end of the soil pipe and the outside manhole. There is no stink pipe on the system.
Any ideas on how to install the branch, and whether or not this would be considered good practise?
Thanks

Have a look at Building Regs H, its free to download from government planning portal.

Hi Bernie2
thanks for that - the regs tell me I need a minimum drop of 1.4 metres to do what I was describing and I have approx 1 metre.
The next alternative is to replace the existing osmadrain inspection point at the end of the soil pipe from its current configuration to a more suitable one.

The installed unit is a one piece osmadrain 4D960 unit and the osmadrain 4D933 has the required configuration. Do you know if the existing three ports in use will exactly match with the replacement? I am hoping that the encasing concrete does not go all the way to the bottom of the inspection shaft giving me some flexibility for replacement!

The schematics for both units 4D960 and 4D933 can be found at :-
http://co-uk.wavin.com/media/Wavin/...etches_low/4D960_LL_v1_m56577569830509879.jpghttp://co-uk.wavin.com/master/maste...middleTemplateName=oc_middle_product_detail_I
OSMA Plumbing & Drainage Systems - Shallow Inspection Chambers - 250mm diameter - drainage,sewerage,foul water,underground drian,plastic drainage pipe,inspection chambers,clay drainage

Clearly I can make the hole bigger but will I get enough flexibility on the existing pipes to make a good connection?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Back