Soil pipe problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tuttle

Please could anyone tell me if it is possible to connect a toilet to the rear of a soil pipe running up the outside of a house, i.e. 110mm pipe from a toilet straight though a cavity wall and into the back of the soil pipe outside. I really need to do this as it is not possible to branch off the side of the soil pipe, because the rain water downpipe runs along side it and is in the way, and also because the toilet waste pipe comes out in line with the soil pipe outside.

A builder installed the new drain and soak away and when I complained to him that it was not possible to branch off the soil pipe he said that I should come out the back of the soil pipe straight through the wall, but at the moment I can't see how that is possible for the toilet connection?

:confused5:

I don't normally deal with external soils, but I'm sure it is possible as I've seen it done plenty of times before.

if the soil lines up properly you can git a T into the pipe and run it straight through the wall yes, you will need about a 5 and a half inch hole so the knuckle can sit into the wall and its best to buy a length of white for the stab through the wall so it looks tidy on the inside ether that or cut it flush with the wall on the inside and use a pan ext into a pan con

You'll need to put a branch connection in which means cutting the pipe to get it on - woud have been easier to do it as it was going up but should be no problem

Wow, suddenly lots of replies :)

So basically I just need to cut a big enough hole to get the branch fitting into the wall.

I guess the building inspector will be ok with this as from the replies it seems that this is not an unusual thing to do.

Thanks guys, that's a great help.

yes basically yes and I have had extensions passed where I have done that before so I shouldn't see any problems with it

its fine to do, you will need to core a 6" hole or knock out a 6" square hole. does the stack have an access pipe at the bottom? if not stick one above the branch before you put the vent pipe back on.

does the stack have an access pipe at the bottom? if not stick one above the branch before you put the vent pipe back on.

And in case anyone suggests using an access "T" don't bother, you're better off having access above the blockage sooner than look at it rushing towards you..

And in case anyone suggests using an access "T" don't bother, you're better off having access above the blockage sooner than look at it rushing towards you..
I normally stand to one side when I undo mine, it's a good tip that snow, worth remembering in the future. LOL

I normally stand to one side when I undo mine, it's a good tip that snow, worth remembering in the future. LOL

You always remember it after the first incident!!

I've only fallen for the "I'll hold the bucket, you take that access cover off" says an ex good colleague..
( above my head whilst standing up ladder under a commercial kitchen waste)..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Turn your phone 45 degrees!!! The picture is...
Replies
Views
Back