Soil pipe through tile hung wall | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe through tile hung wall in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

M

MOSSEP

I need to take a soil pipe through a vertical tile hung gable wall at my own house, does anyone know the best way of sealing it and making a good job of cutting the tiles? I wonder if there is a flashing of some sort on the market that might fit? Has anyone had to do this, if so what did you do?

pipesnugg?

Cheers,

That McAlpine flashing from tool station might do the job, Ive also seen a lead version thats similar. I had hoped to carefully core drill the tiles in situ but I cant see it ending too well. The pipesnug looks good, but I'd imagine its only effective on a brick wall?

I used a lead flat roof slate when I had to do this, it worked well and was easy to use. Could probably do your own out of lead if confident, but this was much easier!
Personally I striped off tiles for a good sized margin around work area as only had two spares and I thought they might start jumping off with the vibration. Just go steady and you’ll be fine.

Similar plumbing topics

That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
Yes sorry :D noticed I missed liquid off
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Back