soil pipe vents into loft space - advice please? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss soil pipe vents into loft space - advice please? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vdubowner

Hi guys,

1st time poster seeks advice - tried searching the forums for previous threads, but nothing found.

I've just moved into a new build property - 3 storey terrace, with bathroom and ensuite on top floor

after climbing into the loft to install a tv ariel, I've noticed that the soil stack from the ensuite vents through the tiled roof, but the main bathroom pipe stops about 2 feet above the joists/insulation in the loft space, with some sort of polystyrene cap on it ...

so my question is- is this ok, or should it either be connected to the other stack or vented out through the tiles, as well?

thanks for your responses in advance.

cheers.

could be an air admittance valve, pictures would be helpfull if possible.

could be an air admittance valve, pictures would be helpfull if possible.
Agree with Andyg take off the ploystyrene cap, underneath it will be an AAV valve, perfectly ok esp as the ensuite stack has been vented through a roof tile.

thanks guys .... just had another look and it does appear that there is an aav valve under the poly. cap

cheers :)

^^^

The poly cap is too stop it from freezing in the loft space. You still have to vent the stack, but that appears to have happened. Also, i think the air admittance valve has to be around 600mm above the basin if memory serves me correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
Back