soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingdazman

Hi everyone.

I'm running a 40mm waste pipe into a soil stack and using a strap on boss, what i want to know is once i have made the hole and attached the boss is the nut that tightens it to the soil pipe enough to stop it leaking. obviously i know the rubber grommet will form a watertight seal but wanted to double check many thanks.

P.s can you buy 3/4 to 1/2 inch flexible pipe connectors to attach a bath tap to the cold feed underneath many thanks Darren

Yes to the nut being strong enough

Not sure bout the flexis but...

Flexis are prone to being chewed by rats tho and collapsing after a good few years

Copper pipwork all the way will look professional

Strap on bosses are glued on. The nut at the back is only to hold it in position. Some strap on bosses, eg hepworth, don't go all the way around and have no nut & bolt.
Ask for or look up a 15mm x 3/4" flexi.

I would also try gap filling cement. Some manufacturers seem to specify gap filling for their strap on bosses as its thicker than ordinary solvent cement. If the pipe is old clean the bos area with cleaning fluid first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
Back