Soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingdazman

Hi guys and gals,
Couple of questions I'd really appreciate some answers to

1) I need to cut a hole in a concrete floor to drop the toilet waste through the floor into the basement. What is best to use to cut this hole.

2) once I've done this I need to run the soil pipe into a new soil branch, but I need to cut the existing stack to put it in. Will I be able to cut this section out and put a new branch in or is it going to be restrictive to get it in.

3) is it easy to cap off the old branch with a solvent screw cap

Many thanks

Darren

1) Use a 110mm diamond core drill with a Hilti type SDS drill.
2)If it's plastic, wrap a piece of nylon cord around it tied to a handle at each end (heavy fishing nylon will do) and move it back and forward in a sawing action to cut the pipe. Use a slip coupling to join it but make sure you mark equal slip on the pipe and fitting with a pencil. If it's cast iron you'll need snap cutters or expose enough of it to get at it with a angle grinder, then join into it with timesaver couplings.
3)Normally ok, but that question is bit like asking how long is a piece of string!

Thank you for the question and answer - was none the wiser before.

Sorry you are right, I should have said the soil pipe is plastic upvc and the soil pipe from toilet at the moment is above floor level running behind the bath panel that is there. But I'm pulling the bath out and replacing with a walk in double shower. That's why waste needs dropping under floor which will mean it's about 2-3ft lower that is why I need to cap off existing soil pipe and install a new branch for the new waste from toilet.
Cheers

how is best to support it? I need to add the branch about 2-3 ft below current one
Cheers just lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
Do what the rest of us do. Go to you’re local...
Replies
Views
A
Cut the pipe where you want to put the branch...
Replies
Views
Back