Soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Soil pipes.jpg

Saw this today and thought it an unusual route for a soil pipe. Is this common practice? I'm assuming that they feed loft conversions. Hopefully the picture's clear enough! I'm just curious but thought it may spark some discussion!

Can you see the pictures above? They're coming up as attachment ????

Attachments

• 2011-07-08 Soil pipes.jpg
    2011-07-08 Soil pipes.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 2011-07-08 11.20.12.jpg
    2011-07-08 11.20.12.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
It runs up and out around the eves of the off shot then up the pitched roof and into the extension higher up.. I'm assuming to a loft conversion further into the main building... I'll see if I can blow it up some! Does this show it any better?

soil pipe2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic works fine, you click it and it enlarges. I've not seen that done before but hey if it works, it works.

But there's no vent? Unless they have an air admittance valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Yes you can solvent weld it to the grey pipe...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
Back