Soil stack connection question... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil stack connection question... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nige1B

.so after a large delay, I've gotten around to replacing the connection into the stack (push fit Polypipe 90 degree + solvent weld straight and then push pan connector). All dead easy and working fine (result!).

See before and after pics attached.

Having pushed the 90 degree connector as far as i can into the stack connector (up to the 'shoulder' nearest the main stack) my new pan is about 30mm closer to the side wall than it was before.

My question is, does the 90 degree connector need pushing in all the way or can it be part inserted...so I can get my 30mm back. This would give me a 380mm centre to the side wall.

Or...do I need to insert straight piece of pipe into the stack and then a double socket bend (can only see 92.5 deg), to give me the distance I want?

Thanks.

Nige

Attachments

• Soil pipe replacement.jpg
    Soil pipe replacement.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Replaced pipes.jpg
    Replaced pipes.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for that, I'd focussed on the stack and not really though about an offset pan connector to give me distance from the wall.

Only consideration is that I am due to re-fit the toilet after tiling the floor and expect it to be raised about 25mm after I get insulation boards, UF heating and then tiles. So will need an offset to cope with the height difference (currently have a straight fitting).

I might get away with the 40mm offset which if fitted on an angle (as opposed to dead vertical or horizontal), but dont think it will give me the distance from the wall I'm looking for.

Any other ideas very welcome.

Thanks again,

Nige

you can also get flexible pan connectors, by cutting the soil pipe tight back to the wall insert the flexible pan connector, you can get long and short ones.

[DLMURL="http://www.plumbingforless.co.uk/wcf18r-short-flexible-pan-connector-p-4192.html"]WC-F18R SHORT FLEXIBLE PAN CONNECTOR [PLAF0018] - £19.01 : Plumbing for Less, The only place for bathroom plumbing and heating systems[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks again...will definitely think about that one as an option. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
That's a really good point. I'll test it with...
Replies
Views
You can actually get 90 degree bends too...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yes sorry :D noticed I missed liquid off
Replies
Views
Back