soil stack question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss soil stack question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oxford12

Hi,
I would like to know if its possible to fit a downstairs cloak. The problem is the new toilet it is not directly below the upstairs bathroom, its on the other side of the house.

Its a detached house, and the soil stack is on the west wall and the proposed toilet would be on the ground floor east wall - near enough perpendicular to the outside stack.
The width of the house is approx 642cm.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

You need to get a professional drainage engineer in to give you a quote. Unless you use a macerator (not recommended) the only way is digging a new drain.

You need to get someone in to see where your sewer is you maybe able to connect underground if sewer in a good spot

Further to the above............it's NOT a DIY task. Also its subject to Building Control

Just to update, I wasn't intending to do it myself, i just wanted to know if its possible, as the stack seemed too far away from the proposed toilet.

Thanks for all the advice though.

Just to update, I wasn't intending to do it myself, i just wanted to know if its possible, as the stack seemed too far away from the proposed toilet.

Thanks for all the advice though.

Anythings possible mate if your looking someone to look at job post area and someone on here maybe able to help you out

Sorry to change the story but ...

Is there a easy way to branch into a 4" cast soil stack that's in the corner of the garage going into a concrete floor?

Or is it a case of breaking a section out?

Maybe I should start a new thread....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
Back