Soil stack ventillation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil stack ventillation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IST

Hi everyone.

I have a question relating to soil stack ventillation.

I am installing 2 new bathrooms near to front of the property, one upstairs and one below it on the ground floor. Next to the upstairs WC i am installing an AAV just next to it, terminating just above the height of the basin overflow and boxed in with a air vent on the side to allow air in.

The stack then runs down and connects onto the downstairs WC and out of the building. Before it goes into the drain, i will install a tee and rise up to a open vent. How high does this vent have to be up the wall? I don't particularly want to go through the roof. Can i get away with having it just above the height of the upstairs WC? There are no windows on this wall at all, so no problem with smell!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. The vent pipe must terminate at least 900 mm above an opening to the building (window, door, etc) or at least 3 m away horizontally. Good luck

The top must be 1m above the eaves and capped with a bird cowl if I remember correctly.

It's as much to do with wind pressures off the roof knocking water out of the traps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Back