solar thermal hot water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss solar thermal hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

jayman

Hello to all just need to ask have you got to be city and guilds in solar thermal to fit it???? All can any plumber install it if he knows about them

I used to fit a lot on previous firm. Not done any since being self employed, never even been asked too!

Not sure if I could anymore, what with all the grants & discounts people would expect, but I can't offer on installing with all this MCS or whatever it is these days..

Probs best just doing manufacturer course and stick to there product. I did the Worcester course, its pretty good.

Make your own solar fill pump too & save a bomb. I made my own.

MCS is a complete waste of money & many poor suckers paid serious money for it.

Ive been installing Thermal Solar for years & I can always undercut any MCS mob's price & still make a killing. This renewables & Green products lark is the biggest money spinner for Plumbers in years.

Only mcs installs will get rhi right?

But the overinflated prices the MCS installers quote & the p.ss poor amount of RHI money makes it daft paying the MCS installers prices.

Plenty people are fitting Chinky panels for next to nothing & saving a fortune in every respect.
Don't listen to the Greenwash Ex-used car salesmen.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Tbh only option is to get a solar thermal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Lower running costs for one ,size it for the...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
They generally have the same size thread. 3/4"...
Replies
Views
Back