Solar thermal system appears to be low on pressure-opinions appreciated | Renewables | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Solar thermal system appears to be low on pressure-opinions appreciated in the Renewables area at Plumbers Forums

If my mates in the Electrician's Forum see me in here, jus' tell I got lost, alright ;)

So, I was called out to the home of a good client. They have a thermal solar installation but were not completely clear of the difference - hence calling in a sparky and I was interested as to how thermal works. Every component part appears to have voltage where it should and the pumps run briefly but, looking at the gauge in the top-right of the pictures, the pressure is around 0.4 bar. Would you expect something higher? A second gauge fitted to the tank below indicates a slightly higher pressure, as expected. Is a top-up to pressure my starting point on this?

Attachments

• 20210617_153220.jpg
    20210617_153220.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210617_153226.jpg
    20210617_153226.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210617_154109.jpg
    20210617_154109.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 34
Looking at the temperature gauge you would probably expect pressure to be over 1 bar.
You should be able to check what the system its doing by running the solar controller through its sequence.
Looking at the pump station looks to be well ready for some maintenance.
Needs someone with solid knowledge of this type of system at end of day your playing around with a uncontrolled heat source.

......Looking at the pump station looks to be well ready for some maintenance.
Needs someone with solid knowledge of this type of system at end of day your playing around with a uncontrolled heat source.
You're right, but unfortunately I'm struggling to find someone in the Poole area interested in this or newer ideas like heat pumps, which is another area I get inquiries for.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi John Yes I have evacuated tubes. They are...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Can we suggest as has been mentioned. Bin the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello MicraShed, welcome over. what's the...
Replies
Views
Back