Solid fuel central heating - no heat in radiators | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Solid fuel central heating - no heat in radiators in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have moved into a house that has a large wood burner connected to radiators for the whole house. The pipes go up into the attic and there is an overflow tank there. The radiators are not heating up at all. The pump comes on, but the water doesnt seem to get to the radiators. Also, theres a funny noise coming from the attic - its sounds like the water is bubbling - like boiling!
I live in Bulgaria, and central heating is not a big thing here and finding a heating engineer is proving impossible, so any advice would be very much appreciated. I have no understanding whatsoever of plumbing, so if you answer, please use terms a complete idiot might understand!
Thanks
Yvonne

Be very carefull, boiling water turning to steam expands 242x its liquid volume so can become a bomb and it seems you might be heading that way. do not use your system.
As you do not know what to do and there are so many possible issues you will have to call in an expert whatever. Do not even use your wood burner as a room heater as the water in the back can heat up, and explode. centralheatking

Totally agree and good advice, however it's an even bigger number for water - steam expansion at 1700 times water volume! o_O
oh ok even bigger bang then ! I blame the BBC years ago watching a program about steam engines which did mention 242x but maybe that was condensing ones which operate in reverse...thank you for the up date Stig

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
C
sounds like the pump is not working have you...
Replies
Views
Were in a similar-ish situation in that our...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Back