Sorry: ecotech Pro 28 filling question.. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sorry: ecotech Pro 28 filling question.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

We’ve just moved into our new house. The boiler is an ecoTech Pro 28. Identical - or so I thought - to the one in our previous house. It was installed by British Gas two years ago and serviced a couple of mo the back.

I’ve run around the house and bled all the radiators, the pressure is now really much too low (0.7).

Our last boiler had a built-in fill loop behind the cabinet below it. I can’t find a loop anywhere for this one.

From reading on here, I gather I need to buy a loop, and then attach it below the boiler to fill it up. I’m sorry to ask (and I know this has been discussed here before), but can anyone guide me what I need to buy and where I need to temporarily attach it?

The pipework beneath mine doesn’t quite look the same as the other examples I’ve seen whilst researching on here..

Alternatively: if you’re based in Brighton and can help in person, I’m very happy to pay your time.

7D204889-9061-44CF-A34C-56740C1F20C2.jpeg

Unfortunately there’s nothing below the boiler: it’s all tiled in. There’s a cabinet directly below it, no false back or any way to access the pipes from inside there.

However, the kitchen (and tiling and cabinets) is ten years old, the boiler is two years old. I’d thought perhaps I just needed to hook a fill loop to two of the connections on the underside of the boiler (see previous photo). I’m guessing that’s not the case?

25FC87F3-17EB-4203-B4B1-A79D366D6EA3.jpeg

It absolutely is a tiled piece of wood.. it’s very securely attached to the rest of the wall though. Never mind, I hoped there was a workaround, guess we’ll start gently demoing!

Can you contact whoever serviced it?

You’ll be surprised at how many silly things like that we all hold in our heads; for instance Mrs Langbrooke’s barkeepers friend is behind the basket of spontex and micro fibre cloths, next to the brasso - and it probably needs replacing in the next couple of months...

panel isnt secure i bet if you lift it slightly above the wood trim it will come out if it was secure there wouldnt be sucha big gap on the left

Similar plumbing topics

D
Correct, it shouldn't be connected permanently...
Replies
Views
There was no change to the pressure when I...
Replies
Views
G
I just decided to ask here instead of starting...
Replies
Views
gr1980
G
Definitely shouldn't be stinky but as above is...
Replies
Views
T
Hi Set the boiler to 70 degrees, this will...
Replies
Views
Back