sos with brittany combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss sos with brittany combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jis

Hi my boiler pilot has stopped igniting when i turn on taps and radiators so dont have heat or hot water.... need help please

Well the boiler does not have a pilot light,persume you mean main burner not coming on,this could be numerous things,check system pressure is ok at 1-11/2 bar and no one has turned power off by mistake,not on a gas pay card that has run out,after that ,you will probably need a gas safe plumber to sort out I am afraid:(
Does it make any sound at all when you turn tap on?

Well the boiler does not have a pilot light,persume you mean main burner not coming on,this could be numerous things,check system pressure is ok at 1-11/2 bar and no one has turned power off by mistake,not on a gas pay card that has run out,after that ,you will probably need a gas safe plumber to sort out I am afraid:(
Does it make any sound at all when you turn tap on?
Hi thanks for reply think i will need a plumber then,and yes it does make a sound when we turn the water on it sounds like the pump is pumping and also the same when heating is turned on

lots of the britonies i see have pilot lights did it have a pilot light before it stopped working

lots of the britonies i see have pilot lights did it have a pilot light before it stopped working

This is a Brittany combi not water heater,they were all elctronic ignition

The water heaters have pilots

I always thought brave of chaff bringing out a combi with the same name as their well respected water heaters as at the time chaffs had a real bad name in the combi field but it paid off because it was a descent combi, sales picked up,Baxi had exactly same model,so maybe some collaboration, then they shoot themselves in the foot again and next model they bring out was a pile of rubbish,do,nt see them much now, I put 5 Celtics in once and 4 had manufacturers faults, however once set up that model was ok,just lots of lemons,
The first combi I ever fitted was a chaff celtic,what a wondrous machine I thought :eek:

Thanxs for help it turned out to be pressure valve all up and running again "hope it lasts":):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back