Sparking pcb boiler breakdown Baxi Solo 3 pfl | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sparking pcb boiler breakdown Baxi Solo 3 pfl in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

Boiler has broken down this evening and in need of some advice before I shell out more money.

Story- had boiler serviced Friday, local chap came checked gas consumption, did fga, checked gas pressure, cleaned exchanger and all the other jazz. He did find that there was no fan gasket seal and someone had bodged it with fire cement, but got that replaced and all was well an amount of money later.

So boiler working fine that evening and this morning. Went out for half an hour and came back to find house smelling of that ozone electric burning smell. Sniffed about and smelled it coming from boiler. Switched boiler off and went out for the day. Called installer and explained situation he said it’s nothing he’s touched that’s caused the issue which I believe. Switched boiler on this evening to have another look and could see pcb sparking somewhere and immediately turned off again.

My question is- if I get the pcb replaced by this chap could it just fry straight away again? Can’t afford to do this twice at the moment. Thanks for any advice.

Hi all,

Boiler has broken down this evening and in need of some advice before I shell out more money.

Story- had boiler serviced Friday, local chap came checked gas consumption, did fga, checked gas pressure, cleaned exchanger and all the other jazz. He did find that there was no fan gasket seal and someone had bodged it with fire cement, but got that replaced and all was well an amount of money later.

So boiler working fine that evening and this morning. Went out for half an hour and came back to find house smelling of that ozone electric burning smell. Sniffed about and smelled it coming from boiler. Switched boiler off and went out for the day. Called installer and explained situation he said it’s nothing he’s touched that’s caused the issue which I believe. Switched boiler on this evening to have another look and could see pcb sparking somewhere and immediately turned off again.

My question is- if I get the pcb replaced by this chap could it just fry straight away again? Can’t afford to do this twice at the moment. Thanks for any advice.
Go on, How much is an amount ?

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
Could be cavitation if the header tank only a...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
R
get a gas safe engineer in are you mad?the...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
S
6 visits later and finally sorted. Turns out...
Replies
Views
simondjuk
S
Back