sparks n boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss sparks n boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Was in work today when a sparks came upto me and started going on about a heating issue on his boiler, plumbs he says my boiler at home is making strange noises and is kettling since i took the hot water cylinder out . He then goes into a story of for some reason why he had to take the cylinder out blank any pipework going into it and not put a new cylinder in !! He then asks dozens of questions about his heating then says because of the kettling issue he thought the heat exchanger may have been blocked so he stripped the boiler apart .

now i'm bemused about this as when i say he shouldnt be doing that and i can come and look he clearly says no point as he will do it himself , he then asks if i have any drawings of his system he has described so he can get to nitty gritty of his boiler issue along with more endless questions of heating diagnostics .

now i dont mind helping out here and there but some people just take the biscuit at the end of prob best part of 45 mins of questioning by him he decided he will strip boiler down again as thinks it will need a service and going to do his own power flush all this without the cylinder being in !!!!!

unreal attitude to health safety !

I've said it before and ill say it again

image.jpg

Get your own back . Tell him you've bypassed your fuse box and hard wired it with six inch nails, then ask him endless questions about if it's dangerous.

I would have told him to go away after a couple of minutes, it wouldn't have been a pleasant go away either.

I don't mind helping anybody, within reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back