Split hot water cylinder coil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Split hot water cylinder coil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Meady

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A friend of mines f+e tank is constantly dripping even when the boiler is off so the pump isn't running.

Before contacting me he has already changed the ball valve, which didn't stop it and isolated the mains to the f+e tank but it was still constantly dripping.

I have told him to isolate the mains to the cold water storage tank and run the cold tap to drain it, he has done this and the dripping has stopped. Am I right in saying the coil in the cylinder has had it and he needs a new cylinder.

Cheers

Before contacting me he has already changed the ball valve, which didn't stop it and isolated the mains to the f+e tank but it was still constantly dripping.

I have told him to isolate the mains to the cold water storage tank and run the cold tap to drain it, he has done this and the dripping has stopped. Am I right in saying the coil in the cylinder has had it and he needs a new cylinder.

Is the f&e tank lower than the cold water storage tank?

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Im 99% sure its not the pump sound. just...
Replies
Views
Thanks Oz, yeah I have bought solar compatible...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah will deffo try I’ve got a strong magnet...
Replies
Views
Back