Spoil her on Valentine's | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter dontknowitall
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K

Discuss Spoil her on Valentine's in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

What you cooking for your better half then?

I've been trawling the bbc goodfood site and found ...

Steak and Sticky Red Wine Shallots
Tia Maria and Chocolate Creams

Not done any cooking for ages. Smallish job tomorrow, then shopping then the kitchen!

I made the dinner tonight. I like cooking but i leave the kitchen like a war zone when i'm done.
Fillet steak with mushroom and wine sauce roast tatties and veg for me and a peanut satay stir fry for the lady because she didn't want steak (the dog got hers, best fed dog in the place lol). Got her a bunch of Tesco roses for tomorrow.
It is her turn tomorrow and it better be good. I want some chow mine:D:D

M&S do a valentines meal for £20.00. We got that and the wife cooked it!

She's not even bought me a card this year (I've been warned)....lets be honest. Its mainly for people who have been together 5 minutes....or maybe the wife and I just arent romantic!

It all seems like another waste of money to me...I used to spend loads. Flowers, chocolates, presents.

Now I feel guilty!! Better panic buy some roses!

I/we don't do valentines really but a £5 bunch of flowers from the supermarket is always appreciated and brighten the place up. Don't bother with the £20 ones. She'll think you are feeling guilty about something:D

I have a pact with my beloved. Valentines day should be boycotted. Its an excuse for companies to monopolize on our emotions. Just have to treat her nice for other times in the year. Oh humbug and deep poo if I forget. Still as they say: your always in the **** its just the depth that varies.

We went out Saturday, (hell of a lot cheaper) LOL, Takeaway of her choice tonight, but ive just bought her a bunch of flowers..£45...wtf

im in a spot of bother over valentines i got the cards mixed up now my girlfriend thinks i love her and the wife thinks i want to s**g her

I had the V-day dinner last night and did the old man a lovely T-bone steak, jacket potatoes, and roast asparagus. YUM!

Roast asparagus?!!!

Blimey - we've not even started planting the veg patch yet! Sounds yummy though! I'm doing steak too, mainly because I can't do much wrong - I don't think!

I've done the pudding but think I'm probably best sticking to my day job. The top of the pudding was meant to be flat and we might need some thin nosed pliers to get to it (used a tumbler when I should have used a wine glass.) You know when you use too much solder? Well, that's what the top of the pudding looks like ...

Yes, roasted asparagus! 200C for 10-20 mins, depending upon size. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper. The only way I eat it now.

apparently the pact of anti commercial valentine went dreadfully wrong. I just can't get it.

apparently the pact of anti commercial valentine went dreadfully wrong. I just can't get it.

Thats women for you. All is well until she speaks to her pal who got whatever nice wee daft thing and you are all the ungrateful unthankful useless unappreciative b's or whatever combination of words come into her head.
Thats why i play it safe with the £3 bunch of lillies every other week and the £5 roses today. She put them in the front window so all the neighbours can see what a good man she has:D
She even liked Steves joke on the other page:)

i did the steak, and went chippy for chips, veryone was happy.........and full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
Agree completely. I learn't loads, in a nice...
Replies
Views
Re: Should a PLUMBER ever have to get involved...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back