Sponsored thread: Baxi HE A range price hike coming | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sponsored thread: Baxi HE A range price hike coming in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

If you use Duotec or Platinum HE A boilers, watch out for a big price-hike coming soon.

Although Baxi haven't announced a formal price increase, they are withdrawing all their deals on these models - some of which have been in the market for 2 years or more.

The effect will be a large increase in trade prices - probably £100 or more on Duotec 40 and all Platinum models, perhaps a little less on smaller Duotecs, but still probably closer to £100 than £50. Enough to embarrass you if you have a number of quotes out.

We have enough stock to see us through to the end of April, but after that we will have no option but to pass on the increase. I expect that the warranty will remain at 7 yrs for Duotec and 10 for Platinum for the immediate future.

It would be helpful to know when our competitors start to put their prices up - at the moment, everyone is waiting for someone else to blink, but keeping a close eye on dwindling stocks.

When is it due to start. I will get on the blower tomorrow and find out.just means more idealfor u ray

When is it due to start. I will get on the blower tomorrow and find out.just means more idealfor u ray

Its started already Steven.

Believe it or not, a lot of the time, particularly in the first few months of the year, merchants dont know their cost on boilers. Sure, we know our invoice cost, but the rebate structures vary from year to year, and on boilers, all the profit is in rebates.

So for example, I agreed our Vaillant terms for 2015 last week, but won't settle our Glowworm agreement until the week after next. If you think about it, its impossible for the boiler manufacturers to get to every customer in the first week of Jan. In the vast majority of cases, its the same as last years deal, but with some tweaking around the edges.

So what Baxi have done is to refuse to renew any of the 2014 deals. Those of us who carry plenty of stock can ride this out for a while based on previous purchases (we bought enough Baxi in December to see us through past Easter) but for those without big stock-holdings, they will have caught a serious cold.

Its a very brave (stupid?) choice - to p1ss off both the merchant and the installer at the same time.

I fancy fitting one of them at some point, but I'm only 10 more vogues away from my free pair of gloves :lol:

I had this through from Worcester yesterday .

ErP Directive and May price Increase
As a valued member of our Accredited Installer Scheme, we endeavour to keep you updated on information as soon as we can to ensure that you and your customers are fully informed of any important changes.
The forthcoming European ErP Directive that some of you may be aware of, will affect heating and hot water products, and will bring with it a new energy labelling scheme that will come into force in September 2015.
These changes will affect our products, and will impact on the conversations you may have with your customers. Worcester will be here to help, with information, training and tools to help you adjust to this change.
One of the requirements of the ErP directive, which by law must be adhered to, is to ensure all new circulating pumps fitted inside of Combi and System boilers are changed to meet new efficiency regulations. We have already made this change to some products, e.g. the CDi Classic. The remaining boilers in our gas and oil range will be updated with ErP compliant pumps in May in preparation for the new regulations.
You will probably be aware of the increase in circulating pump prices already as since January 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2014 it has been a requirement that all circulating pumps that are connected to traditional or regular heating and hot water systems are of a low energy, generally modulating speed type. As a result of this technology change and increased cost we need to make you aware of our intention to apply a price increase on all Worcester branded products and accessories with effect from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] May 2015.
Some products will also require PCB updates and changes to other internal components as a result of the new pumps, and all products are then re-tested against the new ErP efficiency standard.
In addition to this, all part numbers, with the exception of the CDi Classic range (wall hung and floor standing) and Greenstar Danesmoor wall mounted boilers, will be changing.
All of our current part numbers along with future ErP compliant part numbers and descriptions can be found on the WAI website under the news feature section.

Thats one way to spur installers over to the eco blue range......

Concentrate on what's good....... Pressure gauge on front. Inlet test point below boiler ... List ends

Tbh i was quoting a job earlier and thought about the ecoblue (never seen one) as she was after a 10 year but went with a vogue and she confirmed straight away. I like the hea's but it would have been too ugly for this woman :wink:

U working in my moms house? I mean shed - she lives over the wall

I wouldn't fit Evo blue for all the m18 fuel hear in ffx

I installed a ecoblue heat only yesterday, looks expensive to repair to me as gas valve and fan look like 1 unit!

I don't like baxi heat only and would of fit a valiant heat only but I thought the wiring would be a nightmare! After I took the old out it would of been dead simple. Oops.

It sounds like the market is waiting for you to make a move Ray.

Be the first to put up the prices.....the rest will follow in a matter of hours or days.

By the time you have sent the invoices out to the plumbers, they will question the amount and then check with other suppliers, only to find the prices have increased.

Openly your competitors will bag you, but secretly that will hold you in great stead.
*( opposite to us on this site )

* excluding Leo & Lame

Be the first to put up the prices.....the rest will follow in a matter of hours or days.

It would cost me more to reprint and post the price list than we would gain Oz.

We won't move until May 1st, although we may have to ration stocks by declining orders from other merchants and big contractors from out-of-area.

It would cost me more to reprint and post the price list than we would gain Oz.

Don't you have a clause on your price list that states:

'Prices are subject to change without notice'

All of our price lists do over here, although I'm sure there are limitations to what the price 'change' can be.

Main limitation I have experienced is a price reduction.

This clause is generally from heating suppliers, which I suppose is reasonable due to exchange rates, shipping costs and greed of the distributors over here.

Don't you have a clause on your price list that states:

'Prices are subject to change without notice'

All of our price lists do over here, although I'm sure there are limitations to what the price 'change' can be.

Sure we have small print like that, and I know how much our customers love it when we change prices without notice and hide behind the small print. :) </irony>

We would only do that in the most extreme of circumstances. If we know in advance we might print "*** brand increase expected spring 2015" but we still try very hard to honour our pricebook.

We want our customers for a lifetime, not just for the next order. Thats why we put out warnings like this so our customers can allow for it when they are quoting.

It sounds like the market is waiting for you to make a move Ray.

By the time you have sent the invoices out to the plumbers, they will question the amount and then check with other suppliers, only to find the prices have increased.

Openly your competitors will bag you, but secretly that will hold you in great stead.
*( opposite to us on this site )

* excluding Leo & Lame

Ban him! Lol.

If you use Duotec or Platinum HE A boilers, watch out for a big price-hike coming soon.

Although Baxi haven't announced a formal price increase, they are withdrawing all their deals on these models - some of which have been in the market for 2 years or more.

The effect will be a large increase in trade prices - probably £100 or more on Duotec 40 and all Platinum models, perhaps a little less on smaller Duotecs, but still probably closer to £100 than £50. Enough to embarrass you if you have a number of quotes out.

We have enough stock to see us through to the end of April, but after that we will have no option but to pass on the increase. I expect that the warranty will remain at 7 yrs for Duotec and 10 for Platinum for the immediate future.

It would be helpful to know when our competitors start to put their prices up - at the moment, everyone is waiting for someone else to blink, but keeping a close eye on dwindling stocks.

Final warning on this Baxi HE A price hike. Our price is only good to the end of this month - subject to availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
errr... hammers, did you read the OP?
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Back