Sponsored thread - Tube Price check | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sponsored thread - Tube Price check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

I wonder if you can help me with tube prices - I have been getting a lot of contradictory pricing signals lately - perhaps not surprising because the London metal exchange has been a bit bouncy in the last few months.

I am looking for the following information:

The price, excluding VAT, for bundles of 15mm and 22mm tube for ordinary orders - say a quantity of one bundle up to about 10 bundles, not the rate a huge contractor pays for 20 tonnes. :)

I'm really only interested in prices from the last few days - anything more than about a week old is ancient history I'm afraid. It helps to know where the price came from, but not essential.

Thanks in advance for your help, and please remember to say whether the price you mention includes or excludes VAT. If you would rather PM me, that would be great.

:)

Ray

Monday this week. Paid 177/100 metres + vat for 15mm 30m bundle.

Christ, i don't think I've ever bought a bundle #smalltymer

Christ, i don't think I've ever bought a bundle #smalltymer

Its worth it if you have somewhere to store it. I get mine (for the moment) from Jewsons as they are only 1/2 a mile away and if i buy it by individual lengths it costs a fortune. Not that i think what i paid was a good price.

To be honest, we hammer the price of split bundles. Partly thats because we are way more likely to damage it once we have split a bundle, but mostly because we think that real men buy in bundles, and that splits are for girly lightweights like [name of well known forum moderator deleted*] :)

*he knows who he is.

I'm. Buying at £10 for 30m of 15mm and £15 for 30m of 22mm. But I'm more than willing to pay £15 and £20 to help a poor fellow pub member. Aren't I kind.

Yesterday at an independent plumbing/ builders merchant .£1.75 per metre +vat ( 30m)

Single length 15mm £1.75 +
Bundle of 15mm £1.65 +
> 300m 15mm £1.47 +
Double the above for 22mm
These prices are from Grahams today 8/3/2014

Graham's is expensive! But buy in bulk . Never stick to one place price orders of tube over 200m with 3 emails. Struggle I have 1.07 for 15mm in my mind ?

Singles and single numbers of fittings are just profit busters!

That's the last time I ordered black label. ? You should be sharing discounts with custards. You won't be paying more than £1.15? Think 28mm was about £2.30? Which is expensive 22 1.89? You can buy bundles of 22 at poo fix for £63.

Yeah, this year is expanding the operation year so I might get one of the big tube holders and bag a bundle of 15 & 22mm. It's not like they won't get used :lol:

You can buy bundles of 22 at poo fix for £63.

I'm completely confused. When I log onto screwfix, a bundle of 22mm is £149.90.

The raw metal is trading on the London metal exchange at about $6800 per tonne.

At an exchange rate of £1 = $1.67 that makes raw copper £4070 per tonne.

You can make almost exactly 1800m of table X 22mm out of one tonne of copper, so the raw metal in 1m of 22mm tube costs £2.26. Thats raw copper, in ingots, in some warehouse in chile.

Even if you allow nothing for shipping, milling, packaging, marketing, freight, profit margin, the basic raw metal would force an absolute minimum price of a bundle of 22mm to be £67.80, plus VAT = £81.36.

today quoted 15mm £6.07/3m length inc vat so £1.686/m +vat
22mm £12.15/3m length inc vat so £3.375/m +vat

from my friendly local indie one man band

I'm going to have to look, we were selling scrap for about £3600 a tonne. It wasn't that long ago I think?counter monkey couldn't work out why I was checking prices as a bundle of 2m tubes was £60 and a bundle of 3m was 65. Sure it was 22? But could have been 15. Not sure why I would have been looking if prices weren't interesting.

I'm completely confused. When I log onto screwfix, a bundle of 22mm is £149.90.

The raw metal is trading on the London metal exchange at about $6800 per tonne.

At an exchange rate of £1 = $1.67 that makes raw copper £4070 per tonne.

You can make almost exactly 1800m of table X 22mm out of one tonne of copper, so the raw metal in 1m of 22mm tube costs £2.26. Thats raw copper, in ingots, in some warehouse in chile.

Even if you allow nothing for shipping, milling, packaging, marketing, freight, profit margin, the basic raw metal would force an absolute minimum price of a bundle of 22mm to be £67.80, plus VAT = £81.36.

Plumbfix website prices

22 Bundle £127
15 Bundle £64.90

Inc VAT

Maybe they got prices for 15 & 22 mixed up?

Local independent £55 inc VAT bundle of 15 Last Monday.

Local merchants are doing 60 a bundle of 15 an 120 22mm.

im paying 90 for a bundle of each, truth that ;)

Just walked in to a small indi I have never used before and was quoted £1.50 per meter if I buy a bundle of 15 so that's £45 plus the dreaded for bundle of 15 and £90 plus for 22

£1.60 plus vat for a metre of 15mm at my local.

£1.73 and £3.46 per metre respectively.

Decent tube though, not ridiculously thin crap that won't bend.

We've just reduced to £1.49/m + VAT for 15mm and £2.99/m + VAT for 15mm and 22mm respectively if bought in bundle quantities.

We continue to pour scorn (and apply high mark-ups) to the cissy lightweights who ask us to split bundles.

And thats either Lawton or KME tube, so none of yer cheap rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
SOLd out in about 1 minute
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
Some people do leave it to lastminute dot com...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
errr... hammers, did you read the OP?
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
Dunno Oz, because they don't always identify...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
Think I'll stick with the Duotec. Cheers.
Replies
Views
Back