spot the fault(s) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss spot the fault(s) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
numero uno

18012012027.jpg

number 2

17012012026.jpg

number 3

11012012017.jpg

is no2 a fault, see this alot, usually the 3hr boiler swappers who cant be ersed to remove & brick up, it saves a bit of time i suppose. i think if it's sealed off inside before new boiler is fitted, then probably ok. not good practice though but time is money .

Not sure on number 1 but guess its todo with speed fit all the way through.

Number 2, shouldn't have a flue that close to a vent.

Number 3, is that switch providing two feeds?

there are a few faults on the first one, number one is an unvented undersink water heater

1 safety disharging to floor? Or is there no ev?
2 no cage around new flue and is that the condense sticking out at low level?
3 no case or room to fit it cables not in trunking sitting on work top ?

no2 - condensate not terminating to ground
no3 - switch should be 150mm from boiler

number one plastic pipework has been used not good at all on a unvented undersink heater,number 2 flues to close together or not been removed the bf terminal hope inside has been made good 3 looks like exposed live connections

number 2 is also in a car port type situation with flue clearances, less than 1200 away from front door can't make this out in picture though sorry

nice one g man your correct the plastic pipe can't withstand 90 degree at 7 bar, also no non return valve or expansion vessel, this would be ok if the nearest draw off point was 2.8m away but its not, Safety discharge not piped correctly either. I am the plumber on that job now and i have had to tell main contractor that previous plumber has done them wrong(2 so far) this is for a national company aswell

that heater would make a mess if the plastic gave way lucky you spotted it gerry

No 3. Somebody has hung the boiler upside down too close to the ceiling. You would need to get the steps out to reach that immersion switch.

There is a bit asbestos in that boiler if you end up ripping it out.

no1, also the installer has not used the correct plastic insulating connections for the connections, electrical issue rather than a plumbing one and according to MI the connections should be made using flexis :O

No 3 is the boiler is too close to the worktop and the diy man has fitted a shiny new 20 amp switch upside down.

also signs of scorching on the viewing glass and the switch doesnt have a spur for number 1

got another water heater to show you, there has been 3 fitted, im working for a civil company who dont have a clue about plumbing and i am trying to tell them the last plumber has made a mess of it, going to ask for more money tomorrow as i thought i was just going to be working on site and being told what to do, not having to deal with all this nonsense, joiners on £120 a day electrician £130 and I'm £105 !

No 3. Somebody has hung the boiler upside down too close to the ceiling. You would need to get the steps out to reach that immersion switch.

There is a bit asbestos in that boiler if you end up ripping it out.

where is the asbestos ?? the insulation inside combustion chamber ??

ignore the radiator, i thought i deleted that, now can't edit my post so sorry mods for the repeat posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
WB inform (again) that this (2965) is set to...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
Back