squeeling from boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss squeeling from boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

house has a 500 l thermal store ..with one oil fired stanley stove and also a wood burning stove ... there is a squeeling/screeching noise coming from the stanley and stove when operating ..most especially when started up !!! opinions plesase on how to rectify ????? buffy

Has it got a jet fired oil burner? If so, I'd suggest it's either the pump or the motor that's reached the end of it's (their) days.

hey friend ..good to c u still online here... no its a new system ...6 months old ...i did not install the original system ... all pipe work i inch .. would aav or something help would u think !!! or somekind of air separators or something ???

I would be looking at the burner on the Stanley too. The only other place a noise like that could be coming from would be the circulating pump.

A screeching noise is usually the motor,but if the oil pump gets worn and stiff to turn it can take the motor with it. Are you familiar with PJ burners? Because to change those components you'll need an oil pressure gauge,smoke pump an a FGA. Cheaper to pay someone to fix it than buy all that.

it just seems the noise is coming from the actual water being heated and moving !!

Has the installation got 1 pump for the stanley stove and the wood burner on gravity or pumped? I presume they are both connected to the thermal store independantly?

Can you post some pics?

ya, both connected independently to thermal store .i inch copper .. theres a pump on the stanley flow about 5 mtrs away from heat source ...no pump on wood burning stove ... all heating zones are motorized valves ... both make similar noise when lit up and noise then comes and goes over the course of the evening !!!

Is the noise coming from the burner? If so you probably need new bearings on the motor which drives it round (2 x 6202RS).

Have you looked at the circulating pump (I assume there is one)?

ya its not that ..its more like somekind of kettling !!! would automatic air vents help ?? or some kind of air seperator ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
The concern is that when the empty boiler...
Replies
Views
W
Most likely bearings on that second hand motor.
Replies
Views
Sorry to bump this up, but can anyone can help me?
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back