stabilizing the inlet supply pressure on a promax combi | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss stabilizing the inlet supply pressure on a promax combi in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Potterton Promax combi 28 HE A and it runs a pump when cold taps are turned off and there is a slight change in inlet pressure. I am thinking of putting a pressure reducer or non-return valve and/or an arrestor on the inlet pipe. I tried putting an arrestor on all the cold taps and reducing the pressure but this did not completely stop the problem. The cold taps must be closed off very slowly to prevent the boiler starting. Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks.

I have a Potterton Promax combi 28 HE A and it runs a pump when cold taps are turned off and there is a slight change in inlet pressure. I am thinking of putting a pressure reducer or non-return valve and/or an arrestor on the inlet pipe. I tried putting an arrestor on all the cold taps and reducing the pressure but this did not completely stop the problem. The cold taps must be closed off very slowly to prevent the boiler starting. Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks.
Non return valve on cold inlet with a Shock Arrestor/Mini Golf ball expansion vessel after the non return valve.

Non return valve on cold inlet with a Shock Arrestor/Mini Golf ball expansion vessel after the non return valve.
Yes - that's the idea. I have bought a Peglar 62 and have got both a single and double check valve. I suppose compression is better than push fit... I don't know if it is better for single or double and compression or push fit.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, thanks for your answer. It does not have...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is the original poster but I can't...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
Back