Stain in toilet from water from radiator | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stain in toilet from water from radiator in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Welshbeef

Hi Guys, I have just recieved a call from a customer I did work for a couple of days ago saying that their toilet has stained pink after I poured a bucket of water from a radiator I was taking off the wall to replace valves. I have never come across this before and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and how they removed the stain. Thanks Karl

Pink!? Wtf? Bleach leave it in there overnight and it'll be gone in the morning ! But tut tut shoulda poured down a drain outside

Drop a bottle of domestos on their step. Maybe better taping some instructions to the bottle.

If a customer rang me with such a made up story at 10pm I'd tell them to go forth and multiply.
Never heard of it, black maybe. They can clean it with bleach I'm sure.

I know, I'm not sure why it's gone pink. The radiator water was clear with no signs of corrosion. So I'm thinking must be the inhibitor doing the damage! Lesson Learnt on this occasion I feel

They said they have been scrubbing it with bleach all night but the stain won't come out!

Diluted blood from a tampon that's stuck the other side of the u-bend???

Try limescale remover, may be stained scale stuck to the enamel not the toilet itself. Leave it on overnight.

I think you are being done over.

Even if you refunded the owners the money you charged I'm sure they would ask you to replace the toilet pan as well.

A suggestion would be to go to your local chemist and ask them for a bottle of acetic acid 33% solution is what's usually on offer or can be ordered in for you.Cost around £5.00.
It is the best thing for removing limescale, ever better than limescale remover: just add a little to a cloth, the limescale will disappear before your eyes, or pour a little into the WC bowl. As we don't know what your stain is formed by, this is only my suggestion.

Hi guys, thanks for your help/advise on this one. Am going over there this afternoon to assess problem for myself and will leave you know what is happening!

Drop a couple of sterident tablets in. Cleans up grotty mugs in site offices a treat!

5 Mins if a bit of elbow grease was all that was needed! Think they went a bit over the top and must have used pound-stretcher bleach when they said they had scrubbed it for hours!

5 Mins if a bit of elbow grease was all that was needed! Think they went a bit over the top and must have used pound-stretcher bleach when they said they had scrubbed it for hours!

Thats customers for you mate, most are all lying barstewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Please come back with a photo and words of the...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Good, keep a note of his number!
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Back