Stanley superstar 60k oil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stanley superstar 60k oil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all I have a Stanley superstar 60k oil and last year it developed an issue with the electrodes starting intermittently . One minute they would spark and be fine for few days and then no spark again. So engineer out and new control box and new electrodes and it was fine until the last few weeks when it's started all over again . It starts to spark then stops then starts again and then lockout . I then turn the thing of leave it for half an hour andit usually starts.so I'm wondering if there is a fault with the seimens control boxes on these any help would be great as it's now cracking my cranium.
Cheers

If you really are certain it's a ignition problem and your certain electrodes are OK and set correctly have you checked ignition transformer?
We used to change a few on the ecoflam/monoflame burners on Stanley's.

If you really are certain it's a ignition problem and your certain electrodes are OK and set correctly have you checked ignition transformer?
We used to change a few on the ecoflam/monoflame burners on Stanley's.
Hello and thanks for your reply . When the electrodes were fist changed last year they came with a brand new transformer but as far as the electrodes being set correctly I couldn't say. The guy put them in and although it's been working .when it does spark you can here the spark change . It doesn't always sound consistent. If I was to check the electrodes myself what should the gaps be.
Cheers

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back