Stat wiring advice on a Worcester? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stat wiring advice on a Worcester? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I’m fitting a Worcester 30si tomorrow and it’s having a Nest stat. I’m terrible with wiring so any advice you guys could give me would be great? Cheers

Easy Ls live out to nest live
Neutral to hive
Link L to 2
Then 3 to lr on boiler

Seriously chaps. I know live neutral earth from fuse spur to boiler and that’s it. I’m trying to really break it down if I’m honest. I assume there’s an existing spur there so that’s my live to the boiler and then I’m stuck. Really does my head in.

Seriously chaps. I know live neutral earth from fuse spur to boiler and that’s it. I’m trying to really break it down if I’m honest. I assume there’s an existing spur there so that’s my live to the boiler and then I’m stuck. Really does my head in.

Already told you how to do it :D

Ls to live on the stat
Neutral from boiler
Link live to 2 on the stat
3 to Lr

Haha. Sorry mate.
So I’d need a five core flex coming from the boiler to the nest hub? What do I do with the 5th wire not used ?

tape up and leave i normally do or snip off

you could get away with a 3 core but its a bit tight

Do I not need an earth coming off the boiler to the hub? I’m even more confused now cos your telling me one way and a colleague saying another. He’s not taking anything from the LS port on the boiler

no earth point and the case / touchable parts are plastic

hes going from the boiler live isnt he? problem is its hard to get two cores into one terminal upto you but i would use ls and lr

no earth point and the case / touchable parts are plastic

hes going from the boiler live isnt he? problem is its hard to get two cores into one terminal upto you but i would use ls and lr
Ok so how am I taking a neutral from the boiler to the hub?

If I’m doing your head in mate just tell me to Sod off. I’ve asked a colleague to pop out and show me cos I’m sure it’s a piece of piddle after doing one. Typically I was told no

Ok so how am I taking a neutral from the boiler to the hub?

If I’m doing your head in mate just tell me to **** off. I’ve asked a colleague to pop out and show me cos I’m sure it’s a piece of piddle after doing one. Typically I was told no

chock block or wago

better to ask than not know and struggle

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/c/elect...VbbHtCh14nQYuEAAYASAAEgKlmPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

How did you get on ?

Electrocuted.jpg

I’m here chaps ha. I managed to get it done thank you. Thanks for the advice. I was quite lucky really as the existing programmer had a 5 core going into the old boiler. So really all I had to do was link 2-live in the hub.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
I think you meant a 4 core isolator, but you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Back